Become a fan of Paya!
It is a skill of paying attention in a restful way to the flow of life in your body. The practice may engender a higher state of consciousness. Meditation is recognized as a component of almost all religions, and has been practiced for over 5,000 years.
iMeditation consist of using the latest technology to begin or continue a meditation practice. By 'new technology' we mean specifically the iPod. You can purchase and download guided meditations at the online iTunes Store or other online music services. Once you have these guided meditations on your iPod, all you are really missing then is a great location to undertake your inner journey. Paya Bay offers you several awesome spots for meditation. One of the best is Lil' Bay Beach right after sunset. The sound of the waves and the balmy Caribbean breeze will enhance your meditation experience.
These and other guided meditations can be found on iTunes. You can also find music for your meditation practice.
||Living Meditation - Guided Meditations With David Harshada Wagner
||The Secret - Universal Mind Meditation
- Deep rest-as measured by decreased metabolic rate, lower heart rate, and reduced work load of the heart.
- Lowered levels of cortisol and lactate-two chemicals associated with stress.
- Reduction of free radicals- unstable oxygen molecules that can cause tissue damage.
- Decreased high blood pressure.
- Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety levels.
- Drop in cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular disease.
- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing. This has been very helpful to asthma patients.
- Decreases the aging process.
- Higher levels of DHEAS in the elderly. An additional sign of youthfulness.
The longer an individual practices meditation, the greater the likelihood that his or her goals and efforts will shift toward personal and spiritual growth. Many individuals who initially learn meditation for its self-regulatory aspects find that as their practice deepens they are drawn more and more into the realm of the "spiritual."
- Increased brain wave coherence.
- Greater creativity.
- Decreased anxiety.
- Decreased depression
- Decreased irritability and moodiness
- Improved learning ability and memory.
- Increased self-actualization.
- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
- Increased happiness.
- Increased emotional stability.